A moment very popular in the paint is water-based ceramic coatings, ceramic coatings So in the end what is it? Here’s to say something about what is water-based ceramic coating standards and applications of water-based ceramic coating. What is a water-based ceramic coating?
Water-based ceramic coating belongs to the field of functional coatings and is a new type of water-based inorganic coatings. The standard of water-based ceramic coatings is based on nano-inorganic compounds as the main component and water as the dispersion. After coating, it is usually cured by low-temperature heating to form a coating film with properties similar to ceramics. Its raw materials are abundant, easy to mine, and cheap, which makes its cost lower than traditional coatings. Some of them use silane coupling agents and aluminum hydroxide colloidal ceramic coatings, which have many advantages such as high-temperature resistance, high hardness, non-flammable and smoke-free, super weather resistance, environmental protection and non-toxicity, rich colors, and easy coating. After various new improvements and enhancements, its superior performance and low cost have gradually replaced traditional coatings.
Traditional organic coatings, etc., have a huge impact on the environment. Not only do the finished products often emit greenhouse gases to cause climate warming, but they also release toxic substances in the air, causing disease and death of people or animals and plants. It also consumes a lot of energy, does not meet China’s low-carbon concept, and produces various industrial sewage or toxic gases. After understanding what is the standard of water-based ceramic coatings, let ’s take a look at the application areas of water-based ceramic coatings:
- cookware: metals cannot be used directly as cookware. Additional coatings are very important. Among them, ceramic coatings are more and more popular for their health and environmental protection and excellent performance. Testimonials. Especially when making a non-stick pan compared to ” Teflon” The viscosity is greater, it is not easy to fall off, and it is non-toxic and harmless. It is not easy to decompose at high temperatures for a long time.
- Building materials: ceramic coatings are pure inorganic components, excellent weather resistance, and fire retardant. In addition, due to its breathability, it is resistant to pollution. It can be added with heat dissipation and heat insulation functions. It is an ideal material for building curtain walls.
- Medical devices: ceramic coatings can impart a variety of properties, such as antibacterial properties, antistatic properties, and are inherently fire and flame retardant.
- Natural gas, oil storage tanks: use The weather resistance and pollution resistance of ceramic coatings include artificial pollution and natural pollution.
- Metal heating equipment: the multi-functionality of ceramic coatings can give the coatings anti-oxidation function and waterproof scale function. , With rich functionality.
- Others: The metal-based ceramic coating material with good heat dissipation required on the circuit board in the electronic field, and the need for heat insulation, heat dissipation, and friction in key components in military equipment. Etc.
What are the characteristics of water-based ceramic coatings?
- Water-reducible paint refers to a paint formulated with a latex emulsion as a film-forming material so that the solvent-based resin is dissolved in an organic solvent, and then with the help of an emulsifier, the resin is dispersed in water to form an emulsion by strong mechanical stirring. For post-emulsification emulsion, the finished paint can be diluted with water during construction. Water-dispersible coatings mainly refer to coatings formulated with synthetic resin emulsions as film-forming materials.
- As the name implies, water-based paint is a water-based paint.
For example, our interior and exterior wall coatings, metal coatings, and automotive coatings all have corresponding water-based coating products. It can be seen that water-based coatings have been widely used in many industries.
- The water-based coating has the advantages of saving resources, no pollution, good protection, and good corrosion resistance. However, the water-based paint has large water content, and if it does not pay attention to heat preservation during transportation, it is easy to freeze. And also because of water, it is easy to breed bacteria, so pay attention to anti-corrosion and mildew. Water-based coatings are mainly used for automotive coatings, metal coatings, and interior and exterior wall coatings. Water-based coatings have been widely used in many fields.
- Water-soluble paints are made of water-soluble resins as film-forming materials, represented by polyvinyl alcohol and various modified products, in addition to water-soluble alkyd resins, water-soluble epoxy resins, and inorganic polymer water-based resins. Wait. Water-reducible paint refers to a paint prepared by forming a latex emulsion into a film-forming material, which dissolves the solvent-based resin in an organic solvent, and then disperses the resin in water with strong mechanical agitation with the help of an emulsifier to form an emulsion. Emulsified emulsion, the paint made can be diluted with water during construction.